Diet is the most important part of gastritis therapy. Due to some features of the disease, e. g. B. the acidity in the stomach, as well as the presence of erosive, atrophic and other forms, the diet may change in proportion to what can and cannot be in the menu.
If a person eats unbalanced, occasionally drinks alcohol, smokes, and is often exposed to severe stress, he inevitably develops a pathology such as gastritis. This is a disease that causes inflammation of the lining of the stomach, as a result of which its integrity is disrupted. As a result, various unpleasant symptoms appear, the main problem of which is acute pain in the upper abdomen. In addition, there is gas, belching, nausea and vomiting, appetite decreases or disappears completely, which often leads to a decrease in body weight. Gastritis of the stomach comes in several forms, including the ability to be caused by an infectious environment. However, for treatment to be successful, it is definitely necessary that the diet is healthy. It is necessary not only to change the diet, determine what can and cannot be eaten, but also to change the principles of nutrition itself, make it a regime with a stable menu for the whole week and the total amount of foodto be divided into 5-6 meals. With an exacerbation, the diet should be tightened, in addition, there are some nuances if gastritis is characterized by high or low acidity.
Dos and Don'ts for gastritis?
The main differences in diet are determined by acidity. What kind of indicator is determined in a particular patient during diagnosis, before therapy.
Three basic principles apply to the most common acid:
- Mechanical. It defines a ban on fried foods, and coarse fiber such as bran bread, rutabaga, beet, meat veins are not allowed.
- Chemical. It is said that you should avoid foods that promote the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is needed for the digestive process, such as: B. Soda, alcohol, citrus fruits. In addition, concentrated, rich meat and fish-based broths are prohibited.
- Thermal. It consists in eating food at an optimal temperature, which is usually in the range of 16 to 55 degrees Celsius. In gastritis, if the food is hotter or colder, it leads to irritation of the esophagus, which leads to an increase in the duration of food intake and, accordingly, an increased burden on the stomach.
If the environment in the stomach is characterized as acidic, low-fat fish and meats, sour milk products and eggs, which can be served as omelets or boiled soft-boiled foods, are suitable for nutrition. In addition, the diet may include peeled tomatoes, boiled zucchini, potatoes, etc.
A diet with low acid gastritis includes foods that promote more enzymes that help with digestion. To do this, it is also important to normalize the process of eating. This should be done slowly, it is important to spend at least half a minute chewing a serving, and the process of eating it itself should take at least half an hour. The secretion of hydrochloric acid significantly improves the absorption of slightly carbonated mineral water. 200 ml of this water should be consumed before meals each time. Various types of fruit and vegetables are allowed, which must be eaten immediately after the end of the meal, as snacks are not allowed from the diet. Fruits and vegetables should be chosen lightly according to the principle of the absence of hard fiber. To further facilitate the digestive process, it is better to peel the fruit in advance and eat only the pulp.
A low acid content brings a certain relaxation compared to a high acid content. A small amount of chocolate products, light soups and broths, and river fish, mushrooms, and lean meats, including rabbit and veal, are acceptable. Milk derivatives are allowed, but it is better to refuse them.
What is not allowed?
If you have gastritis with an acidity, do not use:
- chocolate products;
- Fried, spicy dishes;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- foods that are rich in vegetable or animal fats;
How to eat during an exacerbation - menu for the week
In the event of an exacerbation, a compromise should be found so that the body receives all the necessary nutrients and trace elements, but the diet was neutral, the mucous membrane did not irritate and was so severely inflamed. In this situation, digestion needs to be helped as much as possible so that it goes away very quickly. To do this, try to grind all food as much as possible and only use boiling or steaming for cooking.
It is important not only to create a composed menu that is balanced and gentle, but also to adhere to it precisely and to eat at a precisely defined time every day. The intervals between doses should not be longer than three hours, otherwise the stomach will empty and the aggravation will only intensify. It is impossible to convey as it is fraught with constipation. In the evening you need to eat at least three to four hours before going to bed.
Strangely enough, but during an exacerbation it is recommended that you spend the first day on an empty stomach. However, the stomach still needs to be filled. To do this, you need to drink plenty of still water and lightly brewed tea. Any liquid you drink should be warm. From the second day, liquid porridge is allowed, the same mashed potatoes in water. In addition, boiled eggs, a non-concentrated soup on grated vegetables, are useful. With an exacerbation of gastritis, it is necessary to completely exclude high-fat foods from the diet, since they are broken down very slowly.
MON and Wed:
- Breakfast with oat flakes and compote;
- The second time you can have breakfast with steamed cheesecake.
- Lunch consists of mashed potatoes, vegetable soup with breadcrumbs, boiled fish and compote.
- afternoon snack - biscuits with light tea;
- Dinner - a side dish of noodles with steamed schnitzel made of lean meat and light tea.
TUE, THU, SAT:
- Breakfast consists of baked apples, cheesecake and compote.
- The second time you should have breakfast with a glass of jelly.
- You have to dine with vegetable broth, steamed fish and mineral water made from gases.
- A snack with unsweetened light teas with white bread croutons can be served in the afternoon.
- Cottage cheese casserole and compote for dinner.
- Breakfast should consist of boiled eggs for 5-6 minutes and washed down with compote.
- Eat cheesecake with tea during your second breakfast.
- lunch with vegetable stew, grated potato soup, jelly;
- afternoon snack - a glass of kefir with croutons;
- Dinner should consist of boiled fish with porridge on the water.
Diet No. 1 for gastritis
Diet # 1 seems tough enough. However, its use is a forced measure, since it is very important to restore normal digestion and not irritate the gastric mucosa in the presence of gastritis or the appearance of an ulcer in a person. This diet is prescribed at the end of the exacerbation period of the disease. Of the cooking methods, you can only boil, steam, bake. It is extremely important to reduce the consumption of salt, since its presence negatively affects the condition of the internal surface of the stomach. Salt also slows the removal of water from the body.
Diet # 1 involves breaking down your entire daily diet into five to six meals in small portions. In this case, the total amount of calories consumed must not exceed 2000.
The main dishes that should be included in Diet 1 include:
- vegetable soup. The vegetable base can be replaced with vermicelli or rice;
- Lean meat and fish without veins and other elements that are difficult to digest;
- Bread products should be consumed yesterday, dried and also consumed in the form of crackers.
You can eat fermented milk products in moderation, for example, cottage cheese, yogurt, skimmed milk.
Not for diet No. 1:
- rye bread;
- soups based on mushrooms, meat - you need to do without okroshka, borscht, cabbage soup;
- smoked products;
- Fish and other canned food.
Diet for erosive form
Gastritis is called erosive when the effects of a disease cause an erosion of the stomach called an ulcer. An ulcer is a more serious condition that can lead to very serious consequences, including, for example, peritonitis, when the traveling erosion gradually creates a through hole, causing the contents of the stomach to enter the abdominal cavity. This situation is fraught with death without urgent surgical treatment.
The causes of erosion, along with the effects of Helicobacter pylori infection, are the effects of substances or excessively acidic gastric juice. Therefore, with erosive gastritis, eating right is very important to slow down and reverse the process of ulcer formation.
Here are the principles on which diet should be based if the patient has erosive gastritis:
- Food consumed should reduce the stomach wall to a minimum and prevent an increase in acidity.
- You need to consume liquid, hot and grated food regularly. At the same time, it is necessary to minimize the amount of fat and salt in the diet;
- rejection of bad habits, spices, soda;
- Vegetables should be cooked using heat treatment.
- The focus in food should be on soups and cereals.
Diet and menu if the patient has atrophic gastritis
The atrophic form is relatively difficult to diagnose, since there are no symptoms in the early stage of the pathology. From the few signs of the disease, one can notice the belching of fried and fatty fat, which smells very unpleasant. In addition, the inevitable companions of atrophic gastritis are a state of general weakness, brittle legs and hair, and skin problems.
Atrophic gastritis seriously narrows the list of possible and impossible factors. In the diet should be given up:
- Black pastries, baked muffins;
- smoked food;
- mushrooms in any form;
- peas, beans;
- canned food;
- Untreated fruits and vegetables;
- soda, including mineral water;
As with other diets for gastritis, cooking methods such as frying and smoking are completely prohibited in the atrophic stage. In order to achieve a state of use, products can be boiled, steamed and baked
Food is important for atrophic gastritis:
- Soups based on grated vegetables;
- Different types of grain on the water;
- Cooked lean meat, very finely chopped;
- Low-fat milk derivatives;
- boiled eggs;
- unleavened white bread, breadcrumbs;
- fruits and vegetables that have been heat-treated;
- For sweets, you can indulge yourself with jam, jelly and mousse.